Hall of Fame Background and Nomination Form
On December 18, 2002, The Texas Labor Management Conference established the Texas Labor Management Conference’s Hall of Fame. The Hall of Fame was created to recognize labor, management, and academics who have made major contributions to labor-management collaboration. The criteria established for selection to the Texas Labor-Management Conference’s Hall of Fame are as follows:
- Potential nominees must have a minimum of two  years experience in the labor-management relation field while serving as a management official, union official or in academia:
- Potential nominees must have held important leadership roles in the labor-management relations field while serving as a management official, union official or academia: and
- Potential nominees must have made a significant impact on labor-management relations while serving as a management official, union official or academia.
Once potential nominees have satisfied the above three criteria, the Board will further evaluate nominees based on the following criteria:
- Has the nominee participated in past Labor-Management Conferences, if so, in what capacity (e.g. donor, participant, producer, or presenter)?
- Is the nominee’s labor-management philosophy consistent with cooperation and collaboration between labor and management?
- Is the nominee’s continuous action in the field of labor-management relations an indication that he/she is committed to joint labor-management cooperation?
- Has the nominee previously received recognition for their outstanding contribution in the field of labor-management relations?
- Has the nominee exhibited courage in the fostering of collaborate relations between labor and management?
The Board will consider applicants in the field of Labor-Management Relations from the private, public, and federal sectors, and Academia. The Hall of Fame awards are limited to three finalists: one from the private sector; one from the public/federal sector, and one from academia. If one from each category cannot be found, the selectees may come from the same category.
Download the 2013 TXLMC Hall of Fame nomination form here (PDF).